Most people think the only reason you need a Nevada child custody lawyer that is if you are in a child custody battle with your child’s father or mother. Even if you are going through an amicable divorce, it is still in your family’s best interest to have an attorney on your side that knows the child custody laws thoroughly and is willing to represent the best needs of the child. Naimi & Dilbeck is a dedicated and reputable firm with the goal of helping families regain or maintain a steady track in order for them to move on with their lives in the aftermath of a separation. You and your family’s needs are our highest priority.
The reputable attorneys, Jason Naimi and Scott Dilbeck, provide superior representation in child custody cases and other family law matters but feel it is more important to offer the compassion and personal attention to each client to help relieve the emotional and financial burdens. We know that experience combined with diligence and sensitivity is essential to ensure the best outcome for any family law matter. Whether you care going through a messy divorce or you are a grandparent who has been wrongly cut out of your grandchild’s life, Naimi & Dilbeck is the right firm for you.
The State of Nevada’s Approach on Child Custody Law
If a custody agreement cannot be met by the parents or guardians, a hearing willb e held to determine custody entitlement and rights. When determining child custody in a divorce or separation, the Nevada courts automatically start with the assumption that it is best for the child or children to have or maintain frequent and on-going contact with each parent. That is usually why they will award joint custody. From there, the parenting time will vary greatly from one situation to the next and will depend on what the judge feels is best for the child.
Determining Factors of Child Custody in Nevada
There are many factors that will be taken into consideration by the Nevada courts when it comes to child custody. It will always go back to what is best for the child but these are some specific factors that they will look at:
- Age of the child or children
- Sex of the child
- Parent’s ability to provide the child with basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter, and medical care
- Parent’s physical and mental health
- Physical and mental health of the child
- Emotional connection between each parent and child
- Parent’s lifestyle
- Parent’s ability or inability to provide guidance to the child
- History of child abuse from either parent
- The child’s daily routine – where they attend school, the home they live in, community activities, where they attend church, etc.
- The impact it may have on the child if changes were made in their current day-to-day living
- Educational quality in the child’s current situation
- Where the child prefers to live and why (if the child is of age to make a reasonable decision)
Once all of the factors above are taken in consideration, the judge will award custody and visitation accordingly.
Why do you need a Nevada Child Custody Lawyer?
Just like every marriage is different, every divorce is different as well. However, when children are involved it is almost a certainty that at some point there will be a disagreement in how each party feels something should go. A quality child custody attorney will be able to help you work through these issues and still keep the best interest of the child in mind.
An experienced child custody lawyer will be sensitive to your paternity rights and can help you with a variety of needs including the following:
- Child custody & visitation (a.k.a parenting time)
- Child support determination
- Modifications to existing parenting plan
- Relocation or preventing relocation with a child
- Guardianship to a family member like a grandparent
- Grandparents’ rights
Choose Your Las Vegas Child Custody Lawyer with Care
The right attorney can be the decisive factor in determining the outcome of your child’s future. It is very important that you choose your Las Vegas child custody lawyer with care. Naimi & Dilbeck cares about you and your child and want to ensure that you both receive the best outcome possible.
To take advantage of our legal expertise as a Las Vegas child custody lawyer, please contact Naimi & Dilbeck now at (702)823-3333 for your free consultation and confidential assessment.